- Why was Indira Gandhi expelled from Congress?
- What happens during financial emergency?
- When was last national emergency?
- Who founded Congress Party in India?
- What are the types of emergency?
- When financial emergency is declared?
- What is meaning of emergency in country?
- In which article national emergency is mentioned?
- What was Indira Gandhi emergency?
- What is the maximum period of national emergency?
- What is national emergency in Indian Constitution?
- What do you mean by financial emergency?
Why was Indira Gandhi expelled from Congress?
On 12 November 1969, the Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi was expelled from the Congress party for violating the party discipline.
Indira wanted to use a populist agenda in order to mobilize popular support for the party..
What happens during financial emergency?
1. During the financial emergency, the executive authority of the Center expands and it can give financial orders to any state according to its own. 2. All money bills or other financial bills, that come up for the President’s consideration after being passed by the state legislature, can be reserved.
When was last national emergency?
List of national emergencies in the United StatesStatusPresidentStart dateCurrentTrumpDecember 20, 2017CurrentTrumpSeptember 12, 2018CurrentTrumpNovember 27, 2018CurrentTrumpFebruary 15, 201965 more rows
Who founded Congress Party in India?
Indian National CongressRajya Sabha leaderGhulam Nabi Azad (Leader of the Opposition)FounderAllan Octavian Hume William Wedderburn W. C. Bonnerjee Surendranath Banerjee Monomohun Ghose Lalmohan Ghosh Badruddin Tyabji M. G. Ranade Dadabhai Naoroji Dinshaw Wacha Pherozeshah MehtaFounded28 December 188527 more rows
What are the types of emergency?
Types of EmergenciesBlizzards.Chemical spills.Dam failure.Droughts.Earthquake.Extreme heat waves.Fire.Floods.More items…
When financial emergency is declared?
Constitution of India. Provisions as to financial emergency. (1) If the President is satisfied that a situation has arisen whereby the financial stability or credit of India or of any part of the territory thereof is threatened, he may by a Proclamation make a declaration to that effect.
What is meaning of emergency in country?
A state of emergency is a situation in which a government is empowered to be able to put through policies that it would normally not be permitted to do, for the safety and protection of their citizens.
In which article national emergency is mentioned?
Article 352Article 352 of the constitution deals with proclamation of an emergency. As it originally stood, an emergency could be proclaimed on grounds of war, external aggression and internal disturbance.
What was Indira Gandhi emergency?
In India, “The Emergency” refers to a 21-month period from 1975 to 1977 when Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had a state of emergency declared across the country.
What is the maximum period of national emergency?
It is imposed for an initial period of six months and can last for a maximum period of two years with repeated parliamentary approval every six months. The 42nd amendment act of 1976 extended the initial time duration of President Rule from 6 months to 1 year.
What is national emergency in Indian Constitution?
Under Article 352, the president can declare a national emergency when the security of India or a part of it is threatened by war or external aggression or armed rebellion.
What do you mean by financial emergency?
Simply put, a financial emergency is an unexpected expense that, if not dealt with promptly, can have immediate serious consequences.